Top 10 Trekking Sites in Nepal
Top 10 Hiking Trekking Treks in Nepal
Nepal: An ideal place to full-fill the dream of adventure enthusiasts to experience thrill in Nepal, land of high peaks, rough terrains and unmatched natural beauty. There are various kinds of trekking routes ranging from easy to difficult with lush green vegetation around trails, barren lands.
Trekking in Nepal is always an unforgettable experience because of spectacular mountains, beautiful scenery, wonderful wildlife and thrilling heights.
Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia located in the Himalaya. It has a diverse geography including fertile plains, subalpine forested hills and eight of top ten tallest mountains in world including Mount Everest, the highest on Earth. Kathmandu is capital as well largest city of Nepal.
These are top ten hiking and trekking sites:
- Everest Base Camp Trek: This is the highest mountain peak in the world. Trek around Mount Everest is giving a unique experience. Explore noted Sherpa villages and natives of these villages are famous for having extraordinary trekking skills. During the trekking on these sites travelers can learn about the culture of the Sherpas and their unique way of living. The maximum elevation point of trek is known as Kala Patthar. This trek is passing through unusual trails include Kalapathar and Nagakarshang.
- Annapurna Circuit Trek: This treks starts from Besisahar town. Visitors get enthralled by the beauty of diverse flora-fauna and high peak mountains include Annapurna II and IV, Gangapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Langtang Himal. Annapurna Circuit Trek passes through a dizzying high passes of Thorung at a height of 5416 m. During the trekking in this route you can see jungle, alpine meadows and arid hills. There are numerous holy temples and Buddhist village along the path.
- Manaslu Circuit Trek: Referred as best trekking sites of Nepal and offers magnificent views and an thrilling trekking experience. Manaslu Trek offers opportunity to trekkers to see gorgeous panorama of the Himalayan Mountains situated on border of Nepal-Tibet. This trekking path passes through the lush green forests and beautiful landscapes. Larka pass is the highest point of the hiking and trekkers take a spectacular view of Mount Manaslu.
- Langtang Valley Trek: A beautiful & comparatively smaller treks and renowned for its diverse vegetation and villages with culture and traditions. Syabrubesi is one of the major staring points from which trekkers walk along Langtang River. En-route visit Kyangin Gompa situated at an altitude of 3049 m. Langtang Valley provide outstanding views of mountain panorama. This trek is ideal for those who want to discover Tamang culture, scenic landscape and flora-fauna of Langtang Region. See rose tree, dense bamboo forest, snow-capped mountain peaks including Kyangjin Ri, DorjeLakpa and Shisha Pangma.
- Dhampus Trek: A classic trek in Nepal displaying a magnificent scenery and diversity in terrain. It is a short trek and takes picturesque view of stunning Mt. Machhapuchare. Dhampus Trek offers the opportunity to explore beauty of inhabited land of Nepal and view of peaks. This trek follows a stretch of woods which make it’s a one of the best short treks for nature enthusiast. Also see the beauty of Gurung village from the mountain viewpoint.
- Tamang Heritage Trek: An exhilarating trek in Himalayas. This trek is starts from Kathmandu, having UNESCO World Heritage Sites. This treks runs between Langtang and Ganesh Himal. This fun-filled trek is easy to treks which makes it’s a best options for beginners. Explore dazzling views of the Himalayas and culture & traditions of Tamang people who live close to elegant place Langtang.
- Upper Mustang: A pleasing & paradise trekking site starts from a moderate terrain and going to difficult as you reach higher altitude. It is located in rain shadow area of the Dhaulagiri Mountain, Upper Mustang comprises of rugged landscape. Tourist follows an old salt caravan route and explores alpine mountain passes. Dhakmar, highest point of the trek is oldest Tibetan monastery of the world. Second highest point of trekking tour is Lo Manthang. En-route visit Thugchen Gompa and Amchi Museum.
- Mount Kanchenjunga Trek: Regarded as one of the most difficult treks in the world because of the rough terrain, the altitude, and irregular climate. It starts from Suketar and passes through lush green forests offer awesome views. The highest point of this trek is Pangpema. This route provide opportunity to explore unique local culture and breathtaking natural beauty.
- Gokyo Ri Trek: Gokyo Ri trek offers superb sightseeing and experiences throughout the trip ranging from high mountain peaks to compelling passes. This trek is regarded as an alternative of the Everest Base Camp because of the view of the surrounding area are same in Everest Base Camp. It is an exciting and easy trek. Take a delightful view of mountain peaks including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho oyu, Mt. Kanchenjunga and Makalu. Khumbu Glacier is one of the big attractions of the trek and biggest glacier in the entire Himalayan region of Nepal. Discover a crystal-clear water of the Gokyo Lake.
- Poon Hill Trek: An easy and short trek along rhododendron forests and traditional Nepalese villages and great hospitality of the Gurung community. It is one of the best treks in Nepal to discover exquisiteness of Annapurna Region in short time. Get rejoice with sunrise view of snow-clad Annapurna Range situated at an elevation of 3,210 meters.