Top Ten Offbeat Places to Visit in Himalaya
May 19, 2014 By rajat
Top Top Offbeat Places to Visit in Himalaya
Himalayan Getaways will open your mind and enthralled you. There are top ten offbeat places to visit in Himalayan range.
- Chakrata:A cantonment town between the Tons and Yamuna rivers at an elevation of 7000–7250 feet in Dehradun, Uttarakhand India. Chakrata can be reached from Dehradun via Mussoorie or Vikasnagar. There are many numbers of conifers, rhododendrons and oaks. The red rhododendrons are the most abundantly found in this region.Attractions of Chakrata are as:
- Tiger Falls: One of the highest direct water falls in Uttarakhand.
- Budher: A picturesque meadow at an altitude of 2800 metres. The Karst landscapes of Budher are home to a network of ancient limestone caves.
- Chilmiri: A picturesque plateau offering panoramic view of Sunset.
- Deoban: Forest rest house at a height of 2900 meters offer scenic view of the Himalayas.
- Lakhamandal: An ancient Hindu temple complex dedicated to Shiva and associated with the Pandavas.
- Landore Cantt: A small cantonment town & hill station in Dehradun, Uttarakhand India. The twin town of Mussoorie and Landour are renowned hill station in northern India and were widely known as the Queen of the Hills.
- Jayalgarh: A special natural beauty located at right by the Alaknanda River in Uttarakhand. Travelers can take experience of camping at the base of five rivers called Ganga, Alaknanda, Bhagirathi, Pindar and Mandakini. These rivers have historical stories and epics of Indian culture and great Himalayan Rivers. It’s a wonderful place to enjoy the natural beauty and adventure activities like white water rafting, kayaking, bridge slithering, cliff jumping, rappelling, jumaring, bonfires and rock climbing.
- Kausani: A hill station and village situated in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, India. Kausani is noted for its picturesque and spectacular panoramic view of Himalayan peaks like Trisul, Nanda Devi and Panchchuli. This hill side is also known as Switzerland of India. Attractions of Kausani are towards Kausani, Baijnath Lake, Anashakti Ashram, Anashakti Ashram, Lakshmi Ashram, tea gardens and Pant Museum. There are various trekking sites nearby Kausani are as Pindari & Kafni Glacier Trek, Sunder Dhunga Trek, Milam Glacier Trek and Rudrahari cave temple trek.
- Tirthan Valley: Located right at the edge of The Great Himalayan National Park in Himachal Pradesh and offers various trekking sites into the park. Tirthan Valley is ideal destination for seeking of tranquil, adventure, Lush green valley with splendid views of snow covered mountains. This valley is known for river crossing, trout fishing and trekking.
- Gagar Nanital: An idyllic hamlet located at an altitude of 2,100 meters known for majestic 180 degree view of Kumaon Himalayas. Travelers can take a picturesque view of various famous peaks including Nanda Devi, Trishul, Panchachuli, Pindari Glacier, Nandakot, Nandaghunti and Kamet. This place is perfect – getaway during summer season because of having cold climate throughout the year.
- Tosh: A small village surrounded by the snow covered peaks from 3 sides with river flowing by the side at the end of Pavati valley in Himachal Pradesh. It is an ultimate destination for taking peaceful and calm.
- Batseri: A tempting village & best romantic places located in Kinnaur Valley at an elevation of 9,000 feet above sea-level. Batseri is filled with subtle and rustic charm, high mountains on three side and swishing forests. The surrounding landscapes make it a must visiting place.
- Sarahan: A small city en-circled with snow covered mountain range peeping through every corner of the city. Sarahan is also famous for Bhimakali Temple, a Shakti peeth. Attend evening aarti at the temple starts with the chants of the priest and ends with the joyful sounds of various musical instruments.
- Jwarna: An Ideal place to take experience of camping. See mountain breeze, soak the gentle warmth of sunlight, walk an unbeaten path. There is just one or two camp site on the right edge of the mountain.
- Khirsu: An outstanding town in Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand surrounded by evergreen trees of Deodar and Oak. Get rejoice with stunning views of Himalayan ranges and astounding beauty of the place.